In this Topic we will look at Assisting with Personal Care.
The Learning Outcomes for this Topic are to:
- understand how encouragement and support can enable a person retain independence in self-care for as long as possible
- develop confidence in responding to an individual's personal care needs while maintaining independence
- appreciate the sensitiveness involved in delivering personal care
- explore communication methods to successfully meet an individual's care needs and to effectively communicate this information to others involved in the caring process
- understand and respond positively to a refusal of help
The Resources and Activities in this Topic should take you approximately 80 minutes.
Participating in Forums and Optional Activities will require additional time.